Water System Disinfection
Overview of BioLargo Engineering Solutions:
>Water Quality Monitoring and Testing CEQA/NEPA Support
>Water Quality Impact Assessments for Alternative CVP/SWP Operations
>Basin Plan Amendments
>Use Attainability Analyses
>Water Quality Modeling
BioLargo Engineering specializes in detection and purification of waterborne pathogens, including Legionella, which causes severe lung infections and is fatal in 10% of cases. Caused by the presence of Legionella bacteria, exposure typically occurs in showers, cooling tower drift, decorative fountains, spas, and hot tubs, and from the inhalation of infected droplets.
Our state-of-the-art solution involves an online bacteria analyzer that samples multiple points in the water supply.
Additionally, our staff can address regulatory concerns including river contaminants, dissolved oxygen, microbial pathogens, chlorinated pesticide validation, turbidity, nutrients and eutrophication effects, cyanide measurement interferences and holding time, pyrethroid pesticides, and pharmaceutical and personal care products.
Our water quality investigative and consulting services for NEPA compliance include a range of wastewater, stormwater, water supply, water resource and watershed management, flood control, habitat restoration, agriculture, and land development projects. We serve as the lead NEPA compliance consultant to provide highly accurate water modeling and quality analyses on complex while providing strategic guidance on project development and mitigation measures, that work to avert any potential litigation concerns.
- Legionnaires disease is a serious lung infection with a 10% fatality rate.
- Caused by Legionella bacteria, exposure typically occurs from showers, cooling tower drift, decorative fountains, spas and hot tubs, through inhalation of infected droplets.
- The incidence rate is trending higher with as many as 113,000 cases per year, many hospital acquired.
- Cost to healthcare facilities average approximately $900,000 per person per incident, including remediation, bodily injury payout and legal fees.
- BioLargo’spatent pending approach virtually eliminates infection risk